Custom Search

Check out some earlier posts

If you’ve missed some of our posts over the last few months, check out the following:

Dickie Moore: A Leaf too late (October 29) Moore was the epitome of a tough, grinding player. The ultimate team player, who played hard and played hurt for Montreal through the 1950s and early ‘60s. He was a true Hall-of-Famer who helped lead Montreal to those 5 Cups in a row in the late 1950s. Unfortunately, when he came out of retirement to join the Leafs for the 1964-’65 season, he was injured and didn’t have a lot left in the tank, though he gave it everything he had that season, even scoring a goal in the playoffs against his old team, the Canadiens. I also interviewed Dickie last fall, and you can listen to that interview as well.

Jim Dorey: A tough and talented Leaf (November 27) Dorey was a personal favorite of mine, and I was very disappointed when they traded him during the 1971-’72 season. You can also clock in our audio vault and listen to the interview I did with Jim late last year.

12 things I liked about pre-expansion hockey (December 13). You won’t find hockey much better than we saw in the gold-medal game at the recent Olympics, but there are things I like better about the game in the “old days”. Read this story to see why.

Gordie Howe and the helmet (January 17). I’ve posted a few stories on Gordie, one of the all-time greats. I used to see Howe in person at the old Olympia, watched tons of Red Wing games on TV as a kid, and listened to them on the radio constantly. My dad, a big Montreal and Rocket Richard fan, had no love for Gordie but I have many fond memories of “Mr. Hockey”.

No comments:

Post a Comment